Monday, August 19, 2013

Ikea-Love/Hate Relationship

Well... anyone who knows me knows that I have had my nursery planned for the past two years. I have known what crib, colors, and even bought a crib skirt a while ago. I like to plan things in my head and Pinterest only adds to this planning. The good thing is, when the time comes, all I have to do is buy and pull it all together. (I have done this with classrooms, my entire house, and of course our wedding... Our wedding was PLANNED and set in two days-- benefit of planning in your head first!)

So, after the twins birthday, John and I decided to go to Ikea. I wore heels that day because it was a Sunday, we left church, went to the party, and I didn't plan Ikea ahead in my head! So... I suffered throughout Ikea as we walked and walked and walked. I love that place. So many things that inspire you and of course, we were PRAYING that the crib and dresser we had picked out were available. We have found them a while ago and they are never BOTH in stock at the same time... classic. Well, good news is they had BOTH! WOO HOO! Time to get started. We even found a mirror to match. So exciting!

As I hobbled through the rest of Ikea and up and down the aisles to find the crib and everything, I returned to the car with a nursery and many, many blisters in tow.

I am not one to start something and leave it partially done... so we of course started building the next morning!

 Night One- WE HAD TO OPEN IT! DUH!
 DAY TWO: Hard at work... the pups helped a bit...
 DAY TWO: Oh thank you Ikea for your wordless instructions with helpful pictures... NOT!

 DAY TWO: Adi and Aspen LOVE the nursery and enjoy cuddles as we build!
 DAY TWO: Completed dresser (that will be changing table) and the mirror!
 DAY THREE: Opening the crib!

DAY THREE: I didn't take building pictures (I was helping) but it looks great! 

More nursery updates to come... Stay Tuned!

I have to keep the hubby busy on his summer off! Also, if it doesn't get done, it won't get done once he goes back to teaching full time and then baseball. I need to be on top of it! 


-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment