Wednesday, August 21, 2013

School Bells are Ringing!

Well... school is back in session in Central Ohio. I was not fortunate to get a teaching job this school year and know that God has a plan... I wish I were more patient with his plan. I know that I have the talent and determination to be a teacher but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. Moving on. I don't want to dwell. John headed back to school and that means so did the kids that I nanny. John has a good year this year. Only TWO preps... I will never forget the year he had about FIVE preps. Whew! I am looking forward to him taking the two weeks off for paternity leave. EEK! It is so surreal. This baby is also being born during baseball season. I am excited to take little baby Edmonds to the games.

Because school has started my nannying load has dwindled by 50%! I love spending the day with Stella and just hanging out and relaxing. We get to do different fun activities that we couldn't do with big brothers and sister roaming around. Hudson gets to be with us a few days a week when he isn't in kindergarten. I am looking forward to working with him on some kindergarten skills while Stella is asleep!

John and I have found a great church to join and enjoy attending. It is full of young families that are working to serve the Lord. Our two pastors have decided to each take a sabbatical to take time away from the church and focus on other things for a few months. With that comes a shift in preaching. John was asked to preach one week and he willingly accepted. WHEW! This happened the weekend that school started. Talk about getting it all out in one week. That same weekend, on Saturday, I helped plan and organize the church picnic.

The church picnic went wonderfully! Everyone had fun and the food was delicious. I am glad that I was working with a team to pull it together. Right after we started planning, I found out about being pregnant and then the onslaught of nausea. I wasn't very helpful, to say the least. It all came together and the church got to relax, have fun, and enjoy a day together.

John and Stella Playing on the Playground

Just some FRIENDLY balloon toss! LHC Style!

As for John preaching... he was nervous. I was nervous. I don't know why... I knew it would be great. We chose the songs for worship that night and I am proud of the team we make! He was nervous, but you couldn't tell. I am so proud of him and the Godly man he is. I am so excited for him to share his faith and love of the Lord with our little. I know that we will lead by example and pray for our child daily (we already do).  Here is a link to John's sermon that he preached if you would like to listen. I must say... I think he rocked it!

 http://libertyhillchurch.org/resources/sermons/romans/

 He is READY! :) 

In ACTION! <3

After John preaching, I was approached to help with the kids at church. This has been on my heart for a few months and I know that I love to teach and I am hoping that I can move it along in a way that grows the hearts of our young. I have a few things in my head and I have been trying to figure out how to lay it all out. So... keep me in your prayers for a successful transition for the kids in our church.

-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment