Thursday, September 26, 2013

Whirlwind Week...Whew!

Alright, I am feeling a bit more energetic today and I don't feel like I am going to end up crashed on my computer. Well... if you don't know, I am a nanny 5 days a week. The kids are 9, 7, 5, and 2. I have been nannying for the same family for three years. I aided in potty training the five year old, but being pregnant I was DETERMINED to get the two (she really isn't two until tomorrow) potty trained. After a few weeks of "lets try to sit on the potty" and "make the poopy face" I decided to go FULL THROTTLE! Well... I did a bit of research, because I am determined to have her potty trained before little baby Edmonds arrives. I read a post (via Pinterest) about it taking a few days, and she literally became a nudist. haha. Stella was showing definite signs that she was ready, so Karmon and I made a plan! No diapers, Pull-Ups during travel, and naked at home. Well.. I was prepared to be cleaning pee and poo off the floor the first couple of days. I must say, we are blessed that Stella doesn't enjoy messes. She tinkled a few times on the floor, but ran to the potty to finish peeing. We had NO poo on the floor!!! WOO HOO! So, after three days of success at home, I decided we should venture out. She knew when she had to go, and she wasn't afraid to do it in public places. So... we headed to Lattes and Lollipops, peed before we left, peed when we got there, and she stayed DRY while playing for an hour, and peed when she was done playing. SUCCESS!!! It is so amazing to me how much easier it was to work with Stella than it was with Hudson three years ago. I went into it prepared and ready to clean. I stuck to my guns, and she is officially potty trained. Karmon is still working on the night time potty training, and if I can catch her before she falls asleep (usually in the car) she can stay dry during her nap. I am relieved! We still have 4.5 MONTHS to perfect it! YAY! It was eventful and full of hilarious runs to the potty, but successful. Just some funny photos from the potty training success. She enjoys the nakedness. Next we need to work on taking off our panties. It is harder than you think! 

My Favorite!
Because we were trapped in the house we had a lot of downtime. We played, we "peed on the pot" and we took funny pictures! I jokingly made faces and stuck my tongue out at the camera on my iphone. Well... she LOVES to stick her tongue out now! haha I am still working on her getting it to curl. That is fun to watch!
This may be one of my new favorite pictures. Stella loves her babies. Well she loves my baby too! She will come up to me at the most RANDOM times and lift my shirt and say, "baby!?" It is adorable. I told her one day that the baby was cold, and she put my shirt back down. I can't wait for the baby to start moving and her being able to feel it. I think I can feel it some times, but it is more of a flutter than a full on KICK and it is very faint. This picture is of Stella introducing her doll to my baby. Her doll had to touch the baby too! She is a little momma. She rocks her babies, feeds them, gives them paci's. It is hilarious the way she imitates the things we do for her for her dolls. She is going to be a GREAT help with little baby Edmonds. ((fingers crossed))
I love church camp. I started attending when I was in 8th grade (I think) and was in a cabin with Alissa (my cousin) and KJ EVERY year. Kristi is a hilarious, kind, loving, and wonderful person to be around. She loves the Lord and makes me proud to be a Christian. Well, KJ and I have stayed in contact over the years and I was so excited when she found out she was pregnant...with TWINS! How exciting. Well, I hadn't met the girls and I wanted to so bad. So, KJ and I talked about a time to meet, she was driving through Delaware, and BAM, we got to meet for lunch. Whew! I am so glad I got to meet these little princesses. McKinley (KJ is holding her in this picture) came to me right away and we hung out at lunch too! She loved my bracelet and we played while they ate some pancake and sweet potato. Reagan (Who I am holding) was on the other side of the table and was so sweet. She let me hold her after lunch. Maybe she needed to warm up. It was fun to see people's reactions to twins. I expect the whole "AWWW, look how cute" when little baby Edmonds arrives, but Krisi said it is even worse when you have twins! Double the trouble. haha. I mean, I can't lie, I would stare too! I am amazed at twins and especially identical twins. Reagan and McKinley were so well behaved and they get to celebrate their FIRST birthday this weekend! How exciting! Happy Birthday baby girls! Love you!

John and I attend Liberty Hill Church. We have joined them for about a year and a half so far and we love the people and feel of the church. One church member was collecting supplies for sex trafficking victims, so I talked to Hudson about how we can make bags filled with certain things to give to the woman. (I kept it G rated, he is five, and told him that they don't have the money to buy these things, so we can buy them for them as a gift) He was SUPER excited to make his five bags, and I made my five bags. This is a picture of him with his picture list! I wish I would have taken pictures of him choosing specific combs, and shampoo for his bags. He was so serious and excited. Everything was 1 dollar a piece at the Dollar Tree and it was fun to work on counting and sorting and organizing with him.
Here he is busily filling the bags with the necessities. Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Soap, Shampoo, Washcloth, Comb and a bag. He was so excited to make sure they each had everything.
Here he is with the finished products! WOOT WOOT! So proud. Not only did I get to talk to him about helping others, but he was able to do it himself. Of course the bags weren't in a specific order or organized perfectly, but it didn't matter. I got to work on counting and other academic skills as we prepared the bags. He is a gentle soul and so sweet. His energy is contagious. I wish I could "catch" some these days. haha. (I recommend making bags to give to the homeless or find a charity that will accept them. It was simple, cheap, and fun for Hudson)
This week, as I laid in bed, I stewed over what we could do for the gender reveal. It is quickly approaching and I decided against a party. Too much work, money, etc. involved. In the middle of the night, I shot up, said, "John! I have an idea..." He listened, half-asleep, and said, "Ok". The next day, I talked to him about it and we decided it would work! I love making videos using my Mac, so... I am asking family and friends to make a sign with their prediction of whether little baby Edmonds is a boy or girl. Then, after they take a picture (feel free to dress according to gender, decorate, balloons, you name it!), send it to me and I will make a video of all the guesses. Then, at the end, John and I will make our predictions, then we will have a video of us finding out the gender. I think that it will be great to see everyone in the video years from now, showing little baby Edmonds family and friends, and to watch our reaction. I am excited! I asked Hudson and Stella what they thought. Hudson thinks boy, but only because he thinks boys sleep more than baby girls, and he WILL NOT hold a baby girl. Stella loves saying "GEEEERRRLLL". Hudson made his sign (all by himself!) and Stella helped decorate hers. Don't forget to send me your pictures! I can't wait to add them. You don't want to be left out!! The video will be uploaded to the blog when complete. :)
I have been making a weekly meal plan and Stella is my helper when we shop. She LOVES to hold the list. She was so sweet this day, I had to photograph her being my list keeper. (this is her "cheeese" face)
After shopping, we decided we would try Bob Evans for lunch. I was really craving their Chicken-n-Noodles, and I figured they would have something for Stella to eat. She loves grilled cheese. So, I ordered her that with fruit as her side (as an experiment to see if she would actually eat it) She recognized the grapes and ate a few of those. I got a piece of cantaloupe out and cut it up for her. She LOVED it. She kept eating it until it was completely gone! Who would have thought? She then moved on to the pineapple. Whew! She was a fruit fanatic.
And... we must end on this adorable picture of Stella wearing Shrek ears. How cute... <3
Well, off to another week! Bring on potty training, meal cooking, and adventures to come! Only one more day until Stella is TWO! Big things to come! :)

-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment