Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Woodland Baby Shower 12.8.13

My shower went GREAT! Minus the random snow storm that struck about 2 hours before and diminished the amount of guests by half. We worked hard and everything looked great. A big shout out to my family and friends for their hard work and financial contributions! It was a great shower, and we are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives! I am just going to post pictures of the shower... and then explain what they are... 

The start of set up!

Sign out front to guide people in... notice the snow falling. It makes it look nice! 

Burlap pennants for the entry. 

Welcome table: ultrasound pictures, baby pictures of me and John, baby bucket list jar, and diaper raffle tickets and basket (and woodland creatures from JoAnn's)

Diaper Raffle tickets were purchased on Etsy by the same woman who created the invite!

The table where I opened gifts and the beautiful fireplace

The large pinecone wreath made by our late BaBa (grandma) was perfect! I found some small ones online that we spray painted and the owls were from JoAnn's as well. Baby Girl banner made by Alissa and painted by me. 

A view of the set-up of tables. 

Close-Up of tables: Burlap runner, babies breath, spray painted vases (from Dollar Tree), handmade soap favors (made by Barb and my dad), thank you envelope and the bucket list paper for guests to fill out. 

Dessert table: Cherry Walnut Cupcakes and Black Forest Cupcakes made by Barb, Aunt Kim and Aunt Nancy! Thanks! They were delicious! (I just made those signs with a chalkboard marker and brown paper) We borrowed the little stands. 

Another view of the tables including the Hot Chocolate Mason Jars for prizes. Easy to make! (Thanks Tiff and Tara) Scoop in hot chocolate mix (we did enough for two servings) chocolate chips, and then fill with mini-marshmallows. 

The main attraction: The Hedgehog. (John and I bought little baby Edmonds her first toy at Ikea and it is a baby hedgehog) These were also from JoAnn's and are adorable!

Mason Jar of Babies Breath

Gift table: Diaper Raffle basket prize (Thanks Barb!) Card basket (spray painted $1.00 basket from Dollar Tree) and burlap banner. 

The view from the entry door!

So cozy and perfect!

We had a chili and baked potato bar for the food! These are the toppings for the baked potatoes. Thanks Dawn!

The set up. Chili and Toppings. Yumm!

Vegetarian Chili: option #1

Options #2 and #3: Broccoli and Cheese Soup and Chili with Meat.

The Food Table (minus the roasters full of baked potatoes) Thank you to my mom and my sisters for their hard work on all the food! It was delicious! I had a potato topped with chili, cheese, butter, sour cream, and chives and then when that was gone, I added the broccoli and cheese soup on top to finish off my potato. It was so good and great on the cold day!

We also had drinks. I can't seem to find any pictures... We had coffee (Thanks Pam!), bottled water, and pink lemonade/Sprite mixture. Hopefully I can find the pictures and share how cute it all looked set up with the signs. 

We also decorated the windows. A window either had a burlap pennant banner or a tassel banner. Thank you Jamie for making all the tassels with me... they looked amazing! I can't wait to make some for the nursery. I followed a Pinterest DIY to make them and they are very easy! I just searched "DIY tassel fringe banner" and found a good tutorial. I just chose colors to match the theme, and they turned out great! 

The shower was wonderful and we got great things for our little girl. I am excited to share some pictures from the shower of some of my guests. I loved seeing everyone and definitely missed those who couldn't make it. I hope to see you all again once this baby makes her arrival! Stay tuned for a post of just guest pictures. :) 

-Alexis 



No comments:

Post a Comment