Friday, February 21, 2014

The Week of 'Love'

Well... Valentine's Day has come and gone. It was a crazy week. Stella was full of meltdowns. And when I say meltdowns, I videoed them to prove that I wasn't crazy. HOT MESS. I will save you the ear shattering pain... here is the "after I screamed for no reason for 25 minutes" picture.
We matched that day. :) She barely fits on the couch with this belly!

After waking up after about 15 minutes, we decided to have lunch. Stella wanted ravioli, so that is what it was. Then... as I was warming up my lunch (back turned) her tray fell off her high chair resulting in a shattered bowl and a ravioli mess. Yeesh. The day was not in my favor. So... here I am 38 weeks preggo on my hands and knees trying to get little shards of glass cleaned up. It took a while, but I got it done! haha. 

-that bowl didn't stand a chance-

I decided to go get my toes done for the upcoming baby arrival. I didn't want to go too early for fear of them putting me in labor. The guy doing the pedi chose the color. I wanted pink for little baby Edmonds. The color is "Pinking of You". Appropriate. As I was getting my toes done, I was getting a lot of stares. Finally, one lady asked how long I had left. She was shocked when I told her 14 days. (that seems to be the common reaction-disbelief) I am not offended. It means I am on the right track and looking not that preggo. I mentally tell myself to pull it together. I try not to waddle, try to look semi-decent, and I keep doing what I want to do. It seems to have been paying off. 

My toes are a bit swollen in this picture. Little Sausages. haha. 

Friday, the kids didn't have school. So.. I decided to take them bowling. We went to Star Lanes at Polaris and it was so nice! Getting the lanes was a bit of a hassle, but we ate at the restaurant, and then some friends from church joined us! I had been prepping Stella all week about bowling. She would say, "Roll the ball... HIT THE PINS!" It was adorable to watch them all bowling. Here are a few pics from the adventure. ((Word to the wise, if you have a toddler, get the ramp thing that they can roll the ball down to prevent balls from stopping mid-lane. We found it by the bathrooms at the 7th frame... blah!)) It was great when we got it though!

Whole lot going on here! haha. I say SMILE for John... this is what I get!

Baby bowling shoes! <3

Just some cuties waiting to bowl. :) 
That night for Valentine's Day, John decided we should make some pizzas that I can eat (and not get heartburn) in the shape of a heart. We made a BBQ Chicken pizza and a white pizza. The BBQ was way better and it is going to become a staple in our house! Delicious and so easy!

They are hearts... haha. John said, "Are you blogging this?" YUP!

Cooking it up for this momma! (dogs are creeping)

We made some brownies and decided to add some Reese PB Eggs. Should probably be illegal!

This is our FIRST official Valentine's day in 2006! Wow. So much love. <3


My days are spent "window shopping" on the internet. I don't want to induce labor by walking too much! Trust me. I find so many things that I want for little baby Edmonds. I have been DREAMING of a pair of gold moccasins for her to come home in, but I missed a great sale this week (not my fault) and have given up. But.. look at this GEM! I have been looking and looking for baptism/dedication dresses for our little lady. I want to get one made out of my wedding dress.. I need to find a pattern like this then talk grandma Carol into making it! haha. 


We figured out the wireless function on our camera. So... John was playing and look at these cute puppy pictures!

-Adi Rose-

Just me hanging with our *first*girl, Aspen Noel. <3

I am so proud of Liberty Hill Church and their dedication to our service project. We raised $56 to send to Ester in Tanzania. These girls were so proud of their success. I will keep you updated on the upcoming project (in April). 

My nightly routine after work is to come home, take care of dogs, and relax and watch the Olympics. This night I decided I needed a snack. Popcorn it was. Adi was relentless and just stood there, waiting... and waiting... and waiting. She never got any. (she has annoying food allergies, just an FYI) 

Happy Birthday to Little Baby Edmonds' PAPA! (My dad) He is 60! I sent him a fun gift from Hickory Farms... It has still yet to arrive. I was actually on top of it.

DOCTOR UPDATE: I went to the doctor on Tuesday (Feb. 18th-My dad's birthday) Here are the updates:
1. They were surprised to see me. (thought I was one of the two women who delivered over the weekend)
2. Doc said I am open, but not even dilated a full centimeter. 
3. Hoping that I am dilated 1-2 next week (Feb. 25th) and she will sweep my membranes... hopefully naturally inducing labor. 
4. We will talk about medicine induction possibly by the end of next week. 
5. Maybe a March baby? :) 
6. My goal is to make it through my birthday without giving birth. Then I found out, my doc isn't on call this weekend... That does NOT fly with me. So... the goal is to make it until Monday. That means she would be delivering little baby Edmonds and she is on call that following weekend.. so that gives me a TWELVE day window of opportunity. I really want her to deliver. *I haven't even met any of the other doctors*
7. Doctor's goal is a vaginal delivery. Knowing the size of the baby, we may need to induce... but she would prefer not to because it usually ends in a C-section. 
8. I LOVE MY DOCTOR. 

So.. when you say your prayers, please pray for little baby Edmonds to keep it together until February 24th. I appreciate it. 

-Alexis-

No comments:

Post a Comment