Sunday, June 8, 2014

.Hollis Parker Week Fourteen.

MONDAY:
It is daddy's birthday! He is 29! We got him tickets to a Yankees/Indians game so he could see Derek Jeter his last year in the MLB. I sure do hope he plays! It will be the first time we are away for a long period of time. Mommy is already a complete stress about it.



During tummy time today, Hollis was focused on rolling. She rolled right over (back to belly and belly to back) and just stared at me. She doesn't know the magnitude of her accomplishments!
We have a fun elephant toy in her nursery. I decided to see what she would do if I put her on her belly in front of it. She LOVED it. She kept her head up for a long period of time. I have a video. It takes a long time to upload. We shall see when I get them. I will let you know!

TUESDAY:
So last well check (2 months) we hadn't been gaining as much weight as hoped. I made sure to keep her on the boob longer and make sure she started to get the hind milk. I decided to take her in for a three month check up to see how her weight was doing. Well.... turns out. Not so good. She only gained an ounce in a whole month! So.. we had some concerns. We thought it potentially is because of the shield. So, I made an appointment with the lactation consultant. But it wasn't for a week, so I called to get some advice before that. I didn't want to waste time. Turns out that only offering one breast wasn't sufficient. So, I started both. We will see how much it works.

we ruined the paper, got new, played with the old :)

Hollis and I went shopping. We got things for birthdays, Father's Day, and even a new crab toy for tummy time! I searched for red cowboy boots for Hollis for the farm party... no luck. Time is running out! I will keep looking!

WEDNESDAY:
Today I played with my new crab. He is awesome. I can see myself and he makes noise!
We played downstairs today and I got in the jumperoo! I LOVE it!! I sat in it for about 25-30 minutes. We definitely need to get one for home. The lights and sounds are so entrancing! hehe.
I love having hanging baskets. But, every year when I go to water them, I find a bird's nest. EVERY YEAR! It is so cute to see baby birds, but why does it always have to be in my hanging basket. Now it is dead.

THURSDAY:
Turns out eating more is exhausting. Hollis is a snoozing machine today. She slept great and is napping! She doesn't like to have her toes covered, just like mommy. John always says how she looks like me when she is sleeping. It is true! It makes me laugh.

We went out to dinner at our favorite place, Mi Cerrito with Gram and Papi. After, we got to get delicious Whit's Frozen Custard. Hollis thought she should get a bite of Gram's. We didn't give her any, but it was cute to watch her try!

FRIDAY:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT JAMIE! We love you! Today we visited Aunt Jamie on her birthday and in honor of National Donut day, we took her some Krispy Kreme! Yumm.


Stella had braids in this morning. How amazing does this super cute crimped hair look!


When we got back to the house, I busted out my tap shoes to prepare for the Alumni dance tomorrow. I am responsible for 40 counts. I was tapping and Hollis loved it! She loved the sounds. I am so excited to see how she reacts to the dance recital. Stella and Kennedy loved the tapping. They learned a few things too. I think we are ready for the concert!

SATURDAY:
I taught dance for 10 years and the girls in my first tap class are graduates this year and next year. Can this be real life?! So.. I was blessed to dance and do their final bow with them at the concert. I stopped by the dress rehearsal to make sure I knew what I was doing. I was also in the second generation dance with Hollis and the alumni number. Practice was fast, and we headed to Grandma Carol and Dale's for lunch. My mom made tacos, we played with the PS4 and grandma got some great smiles and giggles from Hollis.

Just tapping with mommy <3 

It was time for our debut! Hollis had her first recital! I can't believe it. 3 months old. I have dreamed of this day. I love the many things I have learned from dance and can't wait for Hollis to experience those things as well. Hollis LOVED to watch the show. She sat there for two hours, got tired, and fell asleep for the ending. She graced the stage for a brief 10 seconds in her tutu and got an amazing AWWWW from the audience. I wept as I danced and bowed to my seniors for the last time. The alumni dance turned out well. We pulled it together. It was a great tribute to Cheryl and her dedication to our lives and dance.

TUTU CUTE <3

With Miss Cheryl :) 
With my FIRST star! <3 
With the seniors. Mommy's first tap class at OI. So proud of the women they have become. I can only hope Hollis is surrounded by role models like them. WAY TO GO Alexa, Ava, and Morgan! <3

My first recital was exhausting... Thanks Miss Cheryl for having me! <3

SUNDAY:
Well.... after the show, we decided to stay at Alissa's and just leave early in the morning when Hollis woke up to eat. So, at 4:15am, we headed out. I had to teach at church and John was in charge of Hollis. After church, we had it planned to meet with Jamie to go see The Fault in Our Stars. I read the book, and cried at one specific spot.. so I knew I would cry in the movie. We met and John and Hollis got to hang out. A bottle was ready to go. Turns out I did cry. I may even dare to say I liked the movie more than the book. I am not a fan of the actress, but she did the part justice.
Daddy sent this to me during the movie... I was totally that movie watcher checking her phone constantly! Sorry! 

Daddy and Hollis had a great time at home. She loves her jumparoo from Mia. She really enjoys the different toys and of course being able to 'stand' instead of laying down.

When I got home from the movie, Hollis was sleepy. Daddy day wore her out. We were all exhausted. We had a busy weekend. Time to get some sleep.

-Alexis-

No comments:

Post a Comment