Sunday, June 15, 2014

.Hollis Parker Week Fifteen.

MONDAY:
Well... Hollis is officially 100 days old! I can't believe it. It seems so crazy that she has been here that long already! This morning, she had a fun staring contest with her frog. She rarely blinks, so I think it was a draw!

We played the Three Little Pigs and the wolf ears traveled between me, Stella and Hollis. It is amazing to hear Stella yell, "NO! NOT BY THE HAIR ON MY CHINNY CHIN CHIN!" She makes a ferocious wolf too!
I am part of a breastfeeding Facebook group that is BEYOND helpful. They usually answer any question, concern, or random fact check as soon as possible. It is amazing! Well, there have been many posts about The Wonder Weeks. So I did a little research and it is about the development/growth of your child's mind. Each person takes LEAPS, and these leaps vary as to what they produce (brain function wise) and they also last a various amount of time. I currently just have the app and read the sample of the book. I plan to get it as soon as I can.

Hollis took an amazing nap! I got to actually read! :) Thank you baby girl! 
toes out just like mommy

Mia's birthday is this weekend! I need to try a recipe for a new icing (same cake she always has). I wanted to do a very light lemon flavor. Then, pipe it on as grass. (Wilton tip 233 in case you were wondering) I did about 5 and I was over it. It was late, etc. I went to bed. PS-they tasted great!


TUESDAY:
Today we went to our visit with the lactation consultant to make sure we were getting enough milk. Remember, she wasn't gaining weight, so we are now nursing on both sides each feeding. So.. we went to the visit and the woman was so nice. She weighed Hollis, I nursed, she weighed, I nursed, she weighed. It was a relief when she said that she is fine and gets plenty of milk when she nurses on both sides. Whew!

After our visit to the doctor, we headed to some stores. I was in search of a bathing suit.. not easy and super frustrating. That is a whole post in itself. We stopped at Once Upon a Child again, I looked in the size 2 bin for the boots, and BAM! There they were! I was so excited I was jumping up and down! I mean... red boots and they look like they had NEVER been worn! Happy momma. While we were there, we got Stella a little surprise... some tap shoes! I am pretty particular about dance shoes I purchase, new or second hand. I can't wait to see her reaction!


WEDNESDAY:
I was going to wait to give Stella her tap shoes until later, but I just couldn't wait. I was so excited! So, I had her come over and see her surprise. I had them in the bag from the store. She was guessing it was a new baby. I told her it was something even better! She pulled them out and yelled, "TAP SHOES!" I asked if she was going to tap and she said "WIF YOU LEXI!" AMAZING! She put them on, walked onto the wood floor, and then bam, her legs just started moving! She even did her flap and shuffle I taught her the days prior! Smart little tapper!

THURSDAY:
Karmon was so kind and got me a month long membership at Barre3. It is a yoga meets pilates meets ballet class. Well.. I had it all planned out, bottle pumped, and daddy ready to take over after work. I made it to the class, only checked my phone 75 times, and had fun. It is a low impact, but high result workout. I know I will be feeling it in my legs tomorrow! I am excited to go back. I just have to get the time... time.. where are you?
Storytime is fun! 

I like Tummy Time more now. 

This elephant is fun to watch. I don't quite understand the balls that come out, but I like it. 

FRIDAY:
Today, we followed up with the doctor about our weight issue. We started nursing on both sides consistently and we gained.... 14 ounces... in 8 days. That has to be a record or something! Now we just have to keep it going!
Woke Up happy to see the Doctor!

Gaining weight is exhausting. 

.adorable.

We headed home, cleaned the house and rolled out. We are headed home for Mia Grace's 3rd Birthday!!!! We love parties and I love helping Alissa set up for the extravaganza! I am already planning Hollis' First Birthday! :) Get READY!!!

SATURDAY:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA GRACE! The party was a huge success. Alissa is amazing at getting great details and making sure everyone has fun. The theme, Farm Animals, was topped off with a petting zoo! I fed a small goat and pig. They crushed a bottle of formula in about 15 seconds. Here are a few pictures.
Birthday Girl taking my picture with a tiny camera. 

Mia Grace Turns THREE! Look how adorable!

Hollis loved the Corn Kernal Pit. She loved the feel of it on her feet. She kept marching in it! 
I can't find other pictures. She looked adorable. They are all on my camera. I will have to upload later.
SUNDAY:
HAPPY FIRST FATHER'S DAY DADDY!
I got you a card... and a craft that isn't finished... :) 

I looked fancy for you! <3 We look a lot alike today. 

John had the privilege of preaching at church on Father's Day. Nothing like celebrating your first addressing the church! He did a great job, as usual. I came through with a great video... all that time on Facebook when nursing pays off! :) 

It was a great day of celebrating our dads. We have wonderful fathers and they are amazing role models! <3 we love you PaPa and Papi!<3

1 comment:

  1. European pregnancy site My Tummy have a new collection out for summer which includes some beautiful pregnancy tops and dresses. They also design and create trousers and lovely nursing wear. All the clothing is made with soft fabrics and pregnancy safe dyes, while lots of the dresses double up for breastfeeding so you don't need to buy a whole new wardrobe once the little one comes!

    ReplyDelete